Monday, July 23, 2007

Kelley Armstrong Otherworld series

I discovered this series when I was looking for something similar to Laurel K. Hamilton. If you like her vampire series, but not all the gore, this series is for you. I had read a few of the Anita Black series and enjoyed them, but grew tired of the blood and gore.

The first book Bitten is narrated by Elena, a female werewolf. It is an adventure, romance and mystery all in one. The latest book is No Humans Involved, narrated by Jaime who is a necromancer (she can communicate and raise the dead, if necessary). I listened to the first book and thought that was the authors only work. Then, I recently discovered her newest book and I have spent the last month going back and reading all of them. This is a wonderful series with supernatural elements, strong women characters, danger, adventure, mystery, magic and romance and you do not need to read them in chronological order to understand them.

Highly Recommended

No comments: