Monday, September 3, 2007

Web 2.0 Social Software--Connecting with the Community

Going at this from a Children's Librarian perspective. These are my goals:

Using Vodcasts/Podcasts: I would like to use them for storytime, making them available on the website 24/7 so that the public could access them anytime and download them also.

Flickr: I have already posted my pictures from various programs on Flickr, but would like to make it a link on the Library webpage so that it can be accessed my others from our website, not just staff. Also I would like to highlight displays.

Wiki: I would like to use this internally for staff use. Also, I think that it could be a great assett to set one up for Networking and connecting with agencies in the community that serve parents, children and their caregivers. Sharing resources.

Del.icio.us: Use internally to share websites with staff, could be accessed from any computer.

2 comments:

cc said...

Nice collection of tools. Very thorough.

Anonymous said...

The storytime pod/vodcast idea seems a good one. We are going to experiment with something similar at my library system - apparently there are copyright issues, so flannel board stories and stories in the public domain may be the way to go. Good luck!